1.12.2010

What's the O for? O my god it's early!

Today was the first day of the Intro to Ashtanga series in which I am observing and assisting at the Samarya Center. The class is twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, for six weeks, at 7 AM. That's 0700 hours. Early!

Again, the class is a pleasure. More lecture than movement in this very first class, which is wise for those new to yoga. Logistically it will be challenging until I get in a groove of getting in bed at 9:30 or 10:00 and getting up each morning at 6:00. However, Tuesday evenings I teach a double and don't get out of the second class until 8:00 pm, and usually don't leave the studio until 8:15. Tonight I was wiped out afterward, moved about my business leaving the studio at the pace of a snail, and had a snafu at the parking garage kiosk, so I wasn't on the road until 8:40. Now the shower, the dinner (finally...) You see where this is going. And it ain't no 9:30 pm (look at the post time!) It is going somewhere very tired....So now I am feeling grateful that next week is the last time (for months, anyway) that I will teach these back-to-back Tuesday night classes!

My two hot yoga classes this evening went well, but the second one (90 min) felt really hot and I got tired. I kept walking to the end of the room to check the clock, forgetting why I'd gone to that end of the room, and then wandering back and wondering what time it was. Again: probably better I'm leaving the double behind for now. I will miss my students in the 6:30, though, and will miss the pace of the 90-min series. In case you wonder if your teacher misses you in class if you usually come to a particular day and time... I do! (Jamie, this means you... hope you're OK!)

Before the first class I taught tonight, a student said, "I really need this tonight... I need you!" Pretty sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home