5.01.2006

Day 32: Determination

Oh, I was so low energy yesterday afternoon. MSH was napping, but I couldn’t fall asleep, so I changed into my yoga clothes an hour before class and went out to the couch to read. Autobiography of a Yogi made me very sleepy. This is not the first time that has happened! So I curled up and went to sleep for about 25 minutes and woke up with the energy level of a banana slug. But the streak must continue! (Had I not been doing Sixty Days, my nap or complete inactivity would have continued!) So I dragged my behind to the studio and embarked on my practice with low expectations. And it was great! Camille called my Triangle “beautiful” and said I had a nice exit from Toe Stand. (I especially enjoyed the latter comment because I am usually VERY wobbly coming out of Toe back into Tree!) I sat out first set of Balancing Stick (but who doesn’t?!) ;) and for the first time since my Camel reevaluation (lift the chest! lift the chest!) I reached for my ankles. But! I kept the Chest! Lifted! It felt great. I feel like I finally have that pose figured out. Interestingly enough, in the Savasana just afterward, I felt less dizziness and uncomfortable buzzing in my head and shoulders than I usually do--I just felt: Good! I can finally in the last few practices make it through both sets of Floor Bow without wiping out near the end—-I can even hold for a few seconds after the teacher says “release.”

To sum up: I’m over halfway there and I’m kicking ass! I mean, not kicking ass. Something more equanimous. I’m consistently deepening my practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home