5.02.2006

Day 34: no! more! sugar!

K, that's the last time I write "easier" as my word o' the practice. That's just asking for it the next day! Having had another heaping helping of Nanaimo bars at lunch, I went to 6:30 class. Insert usual bitching about 6:30 class time here. It was a HOT class and it was HUMID and my mind was RESISTING. My heart was pounding in Awkward pose. Rested out PLENTY of poses. Sometimes just had to pop back up because I didn't want to miss the pose! Drank water NOT AT PREORDAINED WATER BREAK. Whined inwardly. Thought we'd never be finished. Oh it was difficult. Very good to have to work with your mind that way, though. You have to just tell yourself to relax, focus on the breath; if you can relax now, you can relax anywhere.

So, seriously. No more sugar before class.

Nevertheless! I had an unusually strong set of Standing Bow Pulling and two strong sets of Floor Bow. Susie said something yesterday that really helped with Standing Bow Pulling--to let the back shoulder really get pulled back until you can't see it in the mirror. That just seems to kick off the alignment and keep everything strong. Thank you, Susie!

Ooh, I hear MSH pouring Cheerios in the kitchen. Sounds like dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home