2.22.2005

Things The Nice Marmot Likes

(I have to post this now because it was getting TOO LONG!!! I was getting obsessed. The sequel is coming soon. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list, but the aim was to list a few things that you might not be aware of even if you know me.)

Lists
Bus commutes
Cherry blossoms
The Fremont Classic
Homemade pie
Winning
Hardwood floors
Sharing food
Bags
Getting things done on the weekend before 9 AM
Cold cereal with milk
Quiet
Christmas
When her boss says: “Excellent, Smithers!”
Hand-forged doughnuts
Being correct in a matter of spelling, grammar, punctuation, or geography
When anonymous donors put fatty checks in the Salvation Army bucket at Christmas
Providing useful information
“The Big Lebowski” (duh!)
Good rapport with coworkers
Plants
Libraries
Her hairdresser
Dark Chocolate (Dove dark, Special Dark or MOST ESPECIALLY Nestle Truffon sold only in France)
Cheese
Stringed Instruments
Wind Instruments
Voting
“The Music Man”
Kitties, also puppies
Preplanning events
Spontaneous events (no, these are not mutually exclusive; I can like them both!)
Raspberries
Holding babies
Board games
Cupcakes
Nectarines
Most things about MSH, too many to list here (another post, perhaps)
Weddings
Cribbage
Monday Night Football
Raw green beans
“Deadwood” on HBO
When her sister says cynical and world-weary things
Making people laugh
Messy workspaces
Wordplay
Running
France, French food, the French language, and the French
Jeff Bridges
The Oscars
Season changes
Singing the Happy Birthday Song to people on their birthdays
Bodies of water
Mints
Getting massages
Pasta
Hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps
Opinion polls
How the New York Times refers to people as “Mr. Annan” and “Ms. Thatcher,” etc.
Sushi
Lying on her back daydreaming
Travel
Comfortable shoes
Kalamata olives or those big green olives, especially when stuffed with garlic
“The Simpsons”
Country-style hash browns as prepared by her grandma
Bright colors
Wheel of Fortune
Paying with exact change
Taking walks
The clearance rack
Clean teeth (and therefore, her Sonicare toothbrush)
Her Stitch’n’Bitch circle
Fridays
When MSH goes to a professional to have his hair cut
Lewis Black
That the woman who runs the charity for abandoned babies in LA won the lottery
Parallel parking
Vanities (the piece of furniture)
Malt-O-Meal

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sooo love getting all my laundry done bright and early on the weekend. Then you have the whole rest of the day to do whatever you wish without those darn laundry piles staring you down. I've started putting the loads in (I love having 2 washers and dryers at my disposal!) right when I get up, then I get ready to go to the gym. As I leave for the gym, I move the loads over to the dryer. Walah! When I get home, laundry done! :)

7:53 AM, February 23, 2005

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I read your list and not on it did I find "scrapbooking" or anything of reference. That shocks me Marmot.

10:57 AM, February 23, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home