2.10.2005

cool fun survey

I turn to you, dear reader for your opinion on my latest bodily dilemma: chapped lips. They're very chapped, and this week they're cracking and bleeding. MSH claims this doesn't make him want to kiss me any less, but that is pure bunkum, because chapped lips are not fun to kiss. And this is serious because I like kissing. Also, as Napoleon Dynamite would say, "MY LIPS HURT REAL BAD!!" So I know there's this theory your lips can get ADDICTED to lip balm; I don't think that's the case with me because I haven't been using it much. Here are the products I have put on my lips the last 24 hours:

1) Boys Are Smelly Lip Jelly
2) Free DHL (yes, the express shipping company) chapstick from FBR (Phoenix) Open Golf Tournament
3) Body Shop Shea Lip Butter
4) Blistex Medicated Lip Balm

I also have this BOdy Shop thing that exfoliates lips, but it only seems marginally effective, so I haven't used it lately. My question is, in your opinion, should I continue a diligent regimen of slathering with various lip-moisturizing products, or should I wean myself off of them as soon as possible to allow my body to start replenishing the lips' moisture naturally? Your SURVEY QUESTION ANSWER via the comments tool can be as brief as one word: "slather" or "wean." Any other comments are welcome. Por ejemplo: Are there particular foods that would help? (besides butter, I know that would have an immediate effect.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dear, it's all about the lipgloss/chapstick combo in my world. i love the kiehl's no. 1 (or is it no. 2?) balm product but it's sorta just glorified vaseline. also i am a fan of the burts beeswax deal. if you're looking for color, you already know about my juicy tube fascination and i am a fan of the MAC lipglasses too... but i have a real nervous habit of slathering on gloss/stick though, so it serves a dual purpose!

*A

5:03 PM, February 10, 2005

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite-as in immediate results: chapstick from bath and body shop-it doesn't have a name but it does come in juicy fruity flavors and has a really long cap. And for added protection-spf 15. It actually helps to heal not just coat.
I was going to say negative things about Burt's but then read more thoroughly the post by *A. I keep slim and say-it smells great but rubs off easy and doesn't heal.

Basically, just keep reapplying it. I get dried-chapped lips often and have decided the only sure thing is to keep them moisturized so they don't crack, split, and bleed.

9:23 AM, February 11, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is wonko and I am a chapstick addict.

It happened by accident. A few years ago, I dated a girl who was a real chaphead. She applied copious amounts of the stuff, sometimes as frequently as every fifteen minutes, and kissing her was like kissing a jar of vaseline.

Sadly, the addiction is catching. I've been forced to apply the foul stuff several times a day ever since. The upside, though, is that my once-dry man lips are now soft and tender girl lips, which, oddly enough, seems to be more appealing to TEH LADIES.

10:43 AM, February 11, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, suffer from this dilema. I use that Body Shop goo every night. Just slather it on. It's going to take a few days before you start to see results, though. Of course, keep stuff on them during the day, but the night slathering is vital. Might also add more water to your diet. Good luck!

kc

1:53 PM, February 11, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say slather.

I still use the same little black chapstick tubes Mum used when we were growing up, and it seems to work just fine. My chapstick use is steady over time, with passing peaks for particularly cold weather, et c.

In short, since I use the basic-est stuff, I am mystified by all these options. The little black 'Chapstick' tube seems fine by me and gets my vote.

Signed,
Your Sister

2:14 PM, February 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home