2.09.2005

the biotch is back!

This just in: Phoenix was warm, sunny, gorgeous in its desertiness, and a bit unnerving and disorienting in its ceaseless strip mall. Ness. It's good for those of us who inhabit "rainy climates" with "dark, relatively cold winters" to take a hit off the sunshine pipe once in a while. I even turned, without any sunburn, a darker shade of white. But only myself and a few very close associates can even tell. Cuz I'm Winona Ryder in "Beetlejuice" pale baby. Ha CHA!

"Sex & The City" season 3 is on Comcast OnDemand, and I am enjoying it thoroughly, though heartbroken I didn't make it through the end of season 2 before they switched seasons. There are EVEN MORE episodes in Season 3 than in Season 2 so I am watching these 25 minute gems with a diligence I usually apply to ... well, the only thing I do very diligently is take my birth control pills and email at work! So a diligence currently unparalleled in my daily life! I am quilting at the same time, but can't muster the attention span to fold laundry. Which is too bad. Cause there's a lot of laundry about. Whomsoever stated that one should clean one's house before going on a trip was Righty McRighterson. The house is a complete disaster, with pre-trip mess plus Exploding Suitcases everywhere. I couldn't personally have implemented this pre-trip policy, of course, because I haven't reached that points in _Home Comforts_. I couldn't be bothered lastnight, and since I slept in and went to work LATE today, all I could do preparatory to the visit of Baseball Steve this morning was: move clean laundry from couch to our bed, put on fresh roll of TP, and remove bottle of Liquid Plumr (yeah, putting the m and e in that word totally would have broken the banks, guys, GOOD MOVE!) from bathroom floor.

OOOOOH!!! So we were in Phoenix, and we drove out to Glendale, which is now part of the greater Phoenix-Land Area, to go to a chocolate festival. There was fudge. And candied nuts. And truffles. I ate too much chocolate. I know, TOTALLY UNLIKE ME, right?!

And then we went to an antique store. And I saw a quilt. I really wish I could figure out how to post photos on here so I could show it to you ASAP. It's antique, PRETTY PEPPERMINT PINK, and gorgeous. I think the pattern is called "sunflower," it's like Dresden Plate but with pointy ends. It's from the 20's or 30's, by my estimation of the fabric designs. I am going to try to keep the secret of its purchase from my QuiltMaestra mother until she visits next month. The quilt caught my eye while I was still outside the door; it was folded in the bottom of an armoir. Then I saw it was $85. Eight-five dollars! This quilt is just gorgeous. I had never bought an antique quilt before, and it may be a questionable turning point, you know, this way lies madness, but once i opened it up, I knew it was coming home with me. I had no idea how I was going to fit it into my suitcase, but I knew it was mine. Despite saying this out loud the minute the quilt was open, I was able, at the urging of my savvy companion, to whittle ten dollars off the price. WhooPee! It has some holes in it, which I will repair, and one stain, but those Arizonans must not value the antique quilts. I think it would have been at least $175 in an antique mall in Oregon.

As it turns out, it is very useful to have a husband who travels with his golfclubs--that gigantic golf club bag bag ALWAYS has room for some extra stuff. The bag is gigantic. The first time he took it out to pack up the sticks, it was seriously freaking me out because you could fit a dead body in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home