2.16.2005

updates

The Timbuk2 bag has arrived. The ballistic nylon colors I selected are not as they appeared to me on the website, but luckily for me (as there is a 15% restocking fee on Build-Your-Own-Bag bags) the effect is still quite pleasing. I can't wait to throw all my crap in there, along with my yoga clothes and a snack, and hit the Road.

Lastnight I went to Sonic Boom Records and the Fremont Book SHop before dharma class. Cuz nothing makes the Buddha happier than spending that cash before meditating! I bought ($7.99) Mountain Con "Dusty Zeroes Dirty Ones." Dig this: it is THE BOMB!!! I am horrible at writing about music, but trust me, you should give them a listen. Super-saturated guitar sound and fun lyrics (often shouted). Apparently they've been compared on previous albums to Sublime, but I don't hear that on this one. They are a local band and I heard them on KEXP.org and that's a fact!

Also at Sonic Boom, I purchased a cap-sleeved T-shirt for $9.99. Sahweet! It was manufactured by American Apparel, sweatshopfreemadeinUSA. Sahweet! again. But last week I purchased a similar American Apparel T, but not cap-sleeve, from Victrola Coffee. It was $18. This would suggest that Victrola is adding a hefty markup to their T's. Doesn't make me love my T-shirt nor Victrola Coffee any less, but I'm just sayin'. Word to yo mutha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home