5.27.2005

if your upper lip is sweaty at 8:30 AM, this must be...May?

K, so it's hot in Seattle. Hotty hot hot. It got really hot yesterday. In fact, it reached NINETY DEGREES. I know it's almost June, but it's technically still May. I think we set a record or something. I'm not sure because I don't watch the news and hence not the weather. (My mild obsession with the weather centers on Current Conditions, not Forecast--I can get current conditions from Weatherbug!) I like hot weather, but my body's a bit shocked, and since I work in an only slightly air-conditioned office (it's a portable air conditioner,) and my preferred hot weather behavior would be lounging in the vicinity of a swimmin' pool with a frosty-cold strawberry margarita, this will take some getting used to. At least it's the dry heat, baby!

For your current conditions, measured at the Villa Academy, somewhere in the Windermere/Sandpoint neighborhood, where property owners enjoy one of the highest median home prices in Seattle, I give you: 76.7 degrees. Ai! There is even a Severe Weather Advisory in effect: HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 6 PM PDT THIS EVENING. Thanks for the update, National Weather Service. (!) (It's a 'non-precipitation' advisory.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you know what the call weather that changes dramatically from last week's crazy rainy down-ours and this week's unseasonally hot sunshine?? EARTHQUAKE weather.

That's right. Learned that in earthquake country and am on the alert for it.

1:22 PM, May 27, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home