5.16.2005

This just in...

Susse and I went to the 1st Annual DeLaurenti's Seattle Cheese Festival! There was cheese. And we ate it. And it was good. It was awfully crowded, though--hope the organizers plan for bigger crowds next year. We Seattleites like our cheese, yes we do!

Then we went to the last four innings of the Red Sox v. Mariners. And the Mariners won. And we had Coors Light. And it was good.

Then we went to Nordstrom and Sephora. And we tried on shiny eyeshadows. And we bought shiny eyeshadows. And that was good.

Then we went to the grocery store. Later we ate cheese with bread and watched "Desperate Housewives." At least I did, Susse industriously made some lasagna (from a recipe I got off the internet and have made previously) for a gathering with coworkers this evening. Good thing I didn't have to make the lasagna. Because the TV was on.

SUSSE: When you made this, did you [fill in culinary technique here]?
[90 seconds pass]
ME: Huh?
SUSSE: That's amazing how you can tune everything out.
ME: Sorry!

Saturday as MSH and I made final preparations for the good people at Seattle Floor Service who are refinishing our floors beginning this morning, we discovered that we could not "roll the piano into the kitchen." This had been our plan. It sounded so simple. Until we realized that the dimensions of the student upright piano don't allow it to get through the door from the living room into the hallway/kitchen. Luckily, one of the Seattle-area piano movers answers their phone at 5:30 PM on Saturdays. Blessings on his head. But he could not come until this morning. THe same morning the floor refinishers begin. Estress Pequeno.

This morning at 9:00, a lone employee of Seattle Floor Service arrived and declared he could work around the piano. And work he did. In under 40 minutes he had stripped the finish off the floors of two bedrooms, the hallway, and the living room, except for just next to the walls. Maybe he wasn't completely done stripping, but the old finish, and most importantly the nasty sticky residue covered with dirt left by the previous owner, looked gone to me. I looked at the floor. I touched it. The bare wood was beautiful. At 9:40, the good piano movers three showed up and quickly removed my dear piano and took it off to storage for one week. Piano-moving: expensive. Piano-STORING: cheap.

My coworker is in a seriously bad mood today. I've never seen her in this bad of a mood before. And I have no idea what caused it, but I hope it's not me. But if it is, she should tell me, because if you suppress anger, it can cause back pain. I can't wait to get away to the dentist in half an hour. This day, I wish I had a cubicle to hide in. I actually had a weird dream lastnight about work--our company had grown to like 100 employees, we all had cubicles, new people were coming in all the time, there was stupid bureaucracy, and I could never get a word with my (current) boss, who was wearing a maroon sweater-- a Cosby sweater, A COSBY SWEATAAAAAAH!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home