1.13.2006

TGIF! Even if it's the 13th

The rest of the week has been pretty stressful. More for my coworker than for me. She's a single mom and had two sick kids, so she couldn't come to work most of the week, then yesterday she had surgery to remove a basal cell skin cancer, which turned out to be much more extensive than anticipated so she's in a lot of pain and discomfort. Then her son did something to his toe lastnight, just walking across the floor. She's afraid it's broken. So I certainly hope nothing happens to her today!

Was just at the Old Navy website. My bad, I know. But did they take my brash declarations about spring a little seriously? On the Women’s front page: “SWIM IS IN! The season’s splashiest styles are here!!! Shop now.” Um. Unless you’re in Australia, South Africa, or Bermuda, swim is not in. In January. Seriously. Wow.

Here’s a note our contractor left us with a bunch of painter’s tape over the upstairs bathroom sink:

“Kids—

This sink has pulled loose from the wall and it will leak. I will fix it tomorrow.

J”

I love that he calls us kids! He kicks ass and takes names. This week he’s dealt with the downspout drainage (dug a trench and buried a pipe pointing out at the street,) dug a deeper window well for the basement window, and built an AWESOME bank of cupboards in the upstairs bathroom, the bottom of which will be the top of the laundry chute. Where before was only a walled-in, useless, not-in-use oil furnace chimney. Oh, and he helped me carry my blankety-blank computer down to my car so I could return it. (I’m not ready to talk about THAT yet. I’ll be over here with paper, pen, and abacus.)

More good news!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home