1.23.2006

When Seahawk Fans Attack...

Yesterday at 11 AM, there were three jerseyed Seahawk fans near my house--well, actually one was shirtless and wearing a Seahawk flag as a cape--in the road at NE 80th and 17th NE, waving their arms around and hooting and trying to get cars to honk. So I honk. Who am I not to honk? And this is in the middle of buttoned-down white-bread Wedgwood.

So, time passes, now the Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl, and at NE Campus and Montlake Blvd NE (across from UW Medical Center) at 12:15 PM, there is a toothless man in a black headband and an old-school Seahawks jersey, standing on a lane divider, jumping up and down and making honking hand-signals, waving his arms, shaking his head, grinning and laughing.

You ask me--were any of these people you saw DRUNK, Marmot? And I say: Astute reader, they VERY likely were.

OK, so I know this is the Super Bowl? So it's a big deal? But it's 13 days before the game. These people better pace themselves or they're going to be either tuckered out by game day or out of their frigging minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home