1.17.2006

what's that strange light in the sky?

It's sunny today! It's sunny today! I took a walk around the block at around 10 AM, and later just stood outside in it for a while. Love these big windows in the office that let in the light! As a result, I'm not nearly so frazzled about "Gigantic Payroll Screwup 2: Screw Up Harder!"

With all these work problems, I am really trying to think in the way recommended by Geshe Zopa Rinpoche: (I'm paraphrasing) Problems are an opportunity to practice the dharma so "you should like problems the way you like ice cream." It's pretty hard to do that. But I'm trying. It also helps to remember all the good fortune I am currently experiencing in many other parts of my life. At least I can get up and leave the office and leave this particular problem behind me. Maybe I'll do so right now. Word is there's a new couch at home for me to sit upon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home