5.09.2006

Day 40: Energy!

As MSH said Sunday night, "That yoga is good stuff!" I foolishly ate a grilled cheese sandwich and mocha shake from Kidd Valley for lunch yesterday. I guess I hate myself. I felt like crap after starting to digest this greasy fast food. Headachey and slug-like in energy level. I even took a half-hour nap. It took the most monumental act of will power yet in "The Streak" to get my hiney in the classroom. But! After class my headache was gone, and I had plenty of energy! I felt especially good in Standing Bow Pulling.

This is a good lesson for times when I'm not in the midst of a commitment to go every day: you don't SKIP class because you feel like crap, you GO to class BECAUSE you feel like crap and yoga class makes it better!

Krista taught, so of course the class was fabulous. I told her about my woes (broad strokes) with the purple Vitamin Water and she asked if I was gulping the whole thing right after class. Check. She said if you just sip it slowly, it won't be a problem, and a fellow student pointed out it's the vitamins that irritate your digestive tract. Since I feel nauseous if I take multi-vitamin (pills) on an empty stomach, this seemed plausible. So maybe (when I'm not entertaining guests) I'll try sipping the stuff WITH dinner instead of on my way home from class. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home