5.12.2006

Day 42: tired and Day 43: smooth

Camille taught on Wednesday. I had a tenderness in my right Achilles that made it kind of uncomfortable to point my toe. But I soldiered on! I felt kind of slow and tired. Slept well that night!

Yesterday I decided at the last minute I wanted to make dinner with my in-laws (Bikram is at 6:30 at my beloved studio Tues and Thurs) so I left work early, dashed home to get dressed (I really need to make it a rule never to leave home without my yoga bag with clothes) where I found that the clothes I’d put out to air-dry were not so dry. So for the first time ever I went to class in just a sports bra on top. No sports top over that. And it was my white (slightly bluish from an encounter with a bright blue brand new top) one. Then I hurried to the 4:00 class in Fremont. The instructor was a woman who looked to be about six months pregnant. (Rah! That will be me someday, teaching when I’m pregnant!) I really liked her. And when she showed a newbie the balancing postures she said “using the quad to lock out the knee.” Aha! And she complimented my Full Locust. The just-sports-bra action was actually a bit distracting because a bead of sweat can get up quite a head of steam rolling down your stomach or your back! I had a strong SMOOTH practice, no resting out poses and not too much fidgeting. (This teacher instructed us to just be still—cracked down on the McFidgets a bit!) The Achilles thing wasn't bothering me. I even balanced so well in Toe Stand on the first side that I contemplated bringing my left hand to my chest. On the few occasions I’ve gotten to this point, though, I psyche myself out and lose my balance! I think I really need to focus my yoga clothes expenditures on shorts and sports bras—if I can get used to the sensation, I’ll have fewer clothes to wash and it just seems simpler! I have plenty o’ sports top as it is. I’m going to dye the white bra a darker color, though, and just buy black shorts and bras. The vagaries of laundry today dictate that I wear the raspberry pink sports top with the turquoise shorts. Surely the color combo will be distracting to my fellow practitioners!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out www.x-chrom.com, I had the hardest time finding the right sports bra and they helped me find the right one. If you talk to someone, ask for Lisa.

5:33 PM, May 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home