1.22.2010

Check-In

Assisted yesterday at the early-morning Intro. Finally achieved adequate sleep beforehand. Led Sun Salutes A at the beginning. Afterward was (gently, constructively) informed by the teacher that they teach them slightly differently at Samarya. (I had remembered them wrong.) To the yoga newbie, it is probably not a huge deal, but considering I've been teaching them "my" way once a week the past year, this will require a huge brain change. (I've been combining two moves into one inhale, when the first should be an exhale, and the next its own inhale...) My ability to make this change clearly and *effectively* in my pregnant mommy brain is... doubtful. But actually it makes more logical sense the Samarya way.

Taught yesterday afternoon at the office, in the newly finished GIGANTIC space. I emphasized shoulders (always appreciated by office workers, in my experience,) and ended Savasana by chanting. The new room has excellent reverberating acoustics! Need to get more blocks and straps to bring along, and always wish I were teaching in a studio with a giant stack of blankets and bolsters. (Wow, that is SO NOT a hot yoga thing, with the props...)

This morning took class from Tracy at 8 Limbs Phinney Ridge, while Cameron did his scream-run act in the childcare room next door. YAY for us both! I really like Tracy's classes. When she asked us to do one more backbend of our choice, I chose Wheel Pose/Upward Bow Pose (Chakrasana/Urdhva Danurasana.) I wasn't sure I could do it unassisted at six months pregnant, after all the shoulder and bicep work we'd just done in that class, but I did! And ooo did it feel good. Oddly enough, Tracy offered to take a picture of me in the pose "to show your baby later." So I had to do it a second time-- a little shakier, but achieved lift-off. :)

This afternoon I'll lead the warm-up sequence at Samarya Center's prenatal class. It will be the first time I've taught pregnant ladies. Besides "teaching" my pregnant self, that is.

I think that's enough yoga for one forty-eight hour period! Or at least enough yoga blah blah for one post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home