9.15.2004

more epistles from dreamland

The return of the supercozy down comforter, one of the myriad perks of Seattle's newly cooler, wetter weather, has induced: deeper sleep! longer periods of REM sleep! and this can only mean: more wacky dreams for me!

4:30 AM
ME: I had a weird dream.
MSH: You always have weird dreams. Merfle.

So lastnight was like THE ROOMMATE DREAM. My memory of the dream begins with myself, my friend Kris, and my former roommate, now estranged due to her being my ex-boyfriend's sister, sitting on my canopy bed that I slept on as a little girl. N (ex-roommate) had dyed her hair a sort of purplish brown and gotten fake hair glued to her scalp, because her hair was thinning. She invited us to touch it and admire its real hair-like texture. Up close, the fake hair was distinguished from the real hair by its slightly more purplish shade. It was fairly soft. But weird. As you might expect. She did NOT, for some reason, want Kris and I to touch her hair at the same time! Oh no!

Hijinks, which I don't quite remember, ensue...

Cut to Kris and I bemoaning the fact that we were never roommates. (Chirks to ya, Miss Kris!! :) ) In the dream, though, I was living with a roommate, apparently OFF-STAGE somewhere. Or she was in the dream and I can't recall.

The last thing I remember from this dream was: someone put a $100 bill in my wallet! Just slipped it in there anonymously! Like wow! I'd like to say: thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home