11.05.2004

nothing shocking

It's not just that MSH and I differ politically, it just doesn't have the same importance to him that it does to me. He still doesn't understand why I was bawling Wednesday night, and I don't think he quite believes that many other women, probably women outside my immediate circle, were crying, too. It really freaks him out. Sorry.

I was in a really good mood lastnight because my friend Kirstin was coming. And she did! We made squash soup (yummmmmm) and watched the O.C. premier (yummmmmmm). I'm pretty disappointed there wasn't any hot action in this episode, but I still enjoyed it. Notable elements included:
1. Portland, Oregon! They had views of the city and Seth was camped out in a chic wood-panelled bungalow surrounded by leafy green foliage. Because Portland is rainy, see? THe plants grow and shit. (Seth mentioned they have "real people, real weather" in Portland.) Shout out, O.C. writers. I unsarcastically appreciate the good press for my ex-sort-of-hometown (as you may know, I kept it real in the _Beav_, not Portland itself. Real people. Sweet.
2. Ryan has tried to talk Seth into moving back to Newport, apparently unsuccessfully. And of course, Ryan can't move back in with Seth's parents, cuz that would be effed up. And Ryan just got booted out of the house with his baby mama and her mama. So Ryan goes to the cab, and they're playing this suspenseful music, and you see SEth (thinking) and Ryan (thinking) and Seth has a Van-clad foot a-twitchin' (guys' feet twitch, especially in high school) and then Seth runs through the house and pops open the front door and there's Ryan on the doormat, having deserted his cab and they have this cute exchange and Seth is like "oh dude there's no water polo team here" and between the water polo and just falling short of them RUNNING THROUGH A SOFT-FOCUS FIELD OF DAISIES TOWARD EACH OTHER, it totally seems like they're going to make out! But instead they just go back to Newport.
3. Marissa freaks out and screams (which was fairly freaky) but then she throws a deck chair in the pool. Wow. Scary. I hate it when WATERPROOF FURNITURE GETS THROWN IN THE POOL. Her weird "I must have had Marissa when I was 7 years old" mom was suitably freaked out, though, so maybe that was the point.

Sorry, I didn't mean to talk about the O.C. so much. But it's thooper thweet. And that's all I got because I'm taking the afternoon off so I have to do the old "look busy" routine. ;) Keep it real, Marmots!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night, I was like, "Bye-bye Joey, Will, and Grace. The OC is back on!" Strangely addicting although pretty much stupid. :-) God bless mind-numbing television!

kc

10:44 AM, November 05, 2004

 

Post a Comment

<< Home