10.03.2005

Information As Art

This is the kind of thing that gets my geeky, library-lovin' heart doin' the two-step.

In other news, there is a backhoe jackhammering directly in front of our building. It is incredibly noisy, and makes everything shake. It's very distracting, but I'm trying to focus on the fact that a) those people are doing their job and the upshot will be an improved road for me to drive on and b) I will only have to put up with it for a few days--those doing the work have to put up with this sort of thing all the time! So far, the jackhammering has been going on for about 25 minutes, and this method is 42% effective at quelling my irritation.

Also: It is now October. October is possibly our favorite month here at Marmot Central. The weather is crisp but usually (we hope) fair, the leaves are turning, warm soups and sweaters are back in style, and last but not least! It's time for Halloween--time to hack up pumpkins and concoct your Halloween costumes! (Unless you've already been planning yours for eleven months. Not that I would *ever* do that. No. Not at all.) Halloween is the best holiday! You get to pretend you're something you're not, wear crazy makeup, and there's no good excuse not to--it's a non-denominational/pagan holiday! And if you play your cards right, cute costumed kids ask you for candy. My spooky tree has already been deployed and the spider votive holders (thanks, K!) and all the other trimmings are out, ready to be unleashed upon our living quarters. Halloween ROCKS!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Defense of Buzzwords
He remarks in his commentary... Great stuff . But one thing is still missing. We need a return to plain, honest, human language ; to be rid forever of management-speak and buzzcrud.
Yesterday I decided to read some blogs and found yours. Nice blog. I am trying to get ideas on the direction I should go and what it should look like
I have a cheap wedding site/blog. It pretty much covers cheap wedding and related stuff. Come and check it out if you get time

12:20 PM, October 03, 2005

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Marmot. I too love Halloween and wanted to join in the joy!! It too is my favorite holiday. Here's an awesome address for the Halloween lover: http://oldhaunts.blogspot.com/

9:55 AM, October 04, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home