9.14.2005

Donut Update!

OK, OK, Omigod! First: An alert reader told me via the comments that To* *ot Doughnuts Wedgwood would be open on Friday. (Coincidentally, this is the same day my phat new office chair is scheduled to be delivered by UPS--one small part of the answer to what Brown can do for Me.) Second: I can confirm that the parking lot has finally been paved, and there were like ten people in the building and out front Monday morning using table saws and gesticulating wildly. Very Promising. Third: A particularly succulent comment* appeared JUST NOW on my "Donut Smackdown!!!" entry, dated 8.31.05. Go look. I'll wait. This comment is completely overstimulating me. For one, it is more of a smackdown than my post ever was. For two, this person seems to be IN THE KNOW. Unlike myself. So that's exciting. He or she is a Celebrity Commenter, and informs us that scheduled opening is NEXT Friday, not this Friday. For three, the comment highlights the fact that I have not followed the rule "If you can't say something nice (about a donut store,) don't say anything at all (about a donut store.)" Causing me to feel a mite like a woolly ungulate. FURTHERMORE, this comment is potentially proof that someone I have never met face-to-face has read this blog on at least one occasion, which renders me swoony with shock.

WILL THE TO* *OT OPEN as scheduled next Friday?!?!? WILL THE MARMOT break her troth and succumb to deep-fried frosted goodness??!!?! STAY TUNED, DEAR READER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*All comments are succulent, though. I know that sounds like "everybody's a winner," but seriously, I love all comments. I am a geek.

2 Comments:

Blogger Felicity said...

Wait...you like all comments? Regardless of whether it's just your little sis randomly nattering? Be careful for what you wish, o marmot! You know how much I like the sound of my own voice!

3:51 PM, September 14, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pssst. The *lace *cross *he *treet is having a party tonight from 8 till 11. Come mingle with some of the nicest people you will ever meet!

7:29 AM, September 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home