10.28.2005

Outings

Two days ago, my boss sent me an article about Sheryl Swoopes coming out as a lesbian. (Here’s an interesting story about the timing.)

I read it. We had a little email banter about gay female athletes.

Then yesterday at around 5:00. I read in TheStranger.com/blog that George Takei aka Mr. Sulu of the original “Star Trek” series, has also come out of the closet. I told my boss (verbally) about George Takei.

BOSS: So? How is that news?!

ME: It’s news! If Sheryl Swoopes being gay is news, this is news! You sent me an article about Sheryl Swoopes!

BOSS: That’s different, Sheryl Swoopes is adorable!

ME: George Takei is adorable!

COWORKER: Forgive me for breaking in with some work-related business, but Boss…

*****

And with that, I’m off to San Francisco!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home