11.03.2005

*removes head from sand*

Erm. I hadn’t heard about this. It’s been going on for a week, and I didn’t see it here or here or here. And no one told me, and my francophilia is well-known. HelLO!! Ring ring! Pick up zee grande télèphone rouge des clues!

The only personal thing I can contribute on the subject is that people I spoke with when I was living in France in 1998 told me that there is no race problem in France. (You may well imagine they were contrasting France with the United States. And you'd be right.) In their defense, that was seven years ago (*cringes at own OLDness*) so maybe there wasn’t a problem then. But something was probably cooking then if it resulted in this sort of sustained violence. Interesting that here most suburbs in large metropolitan areas are by and large thought of as safe areas, while the reverse is true in France.

I will not be around for a while. I won’t actually be able to post, instead of my usual lack of posting because I am lazy and forgetful. In the meantime, I will divest myself of some intense aversion by putting you on notice that I strongly dislike Elvis Presley. So, if you were thinking of posting a comment about how much you love Elvis, you can secure that sh*t, Hudson. Here are a few reasons why I loathe Elvis Presley:

1. He is fecking annoying.
2. He never wrote one song, but nonetheless
3. Is worshiped like a demigod.
4. My ex-boyfriend loved him.
5. After his wife bore him a child, he didn’t find her sexually attractive.
6. I just. Don’t. Like him.

Please enjoy the second week of November to its fullest, dear reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home