5.18.2006

Day 49: balance and Day 50: smooth, energy

I keep using the same damn words over and over again folks. I apologize for my lack of creativity!

Anyhoo, seems I missed a day somewhere. Today is day 50!!! Almost there. So, two days to document here, and both classes were taught by Camille.

Yesterday's class was HOT. But good. Only five students. Afterward I was asking Camille why my left side in Triangle is so much more effort than my right. She says one side is always going to be easier than the other--we're not symmetrical! Same thing happens for me in Full Spinal Twist.

Today I was so tired coming to class. I don't know what it is--I worked an hour longer than normal today, but just one hour shouldn't have made me SO dog tired. Must have been the heat. Our office has no air conditioning--no normal air circulation of any kind, really--and so it is much hotter than it is outside! And stuffy. Anyway, I felt like a slug, and I think only the 60-day streak could have gotten me out of my armchair and off to class. Again, it is this kind of day when I get SO much energy out of practice. I think of all the days before I committed to this when I was tired or grumpy or a combination of the two, so I chose not to go to class. I was turning my back on some GREAT classes there! Camille said near the beginning, if you really put a lot of effort into the first few poses, you'll get more out of the rest of the practice. I tried to do this, and maybe that's why I had such a successful class today. I just really ENJOYED it. After the first set of Half Tortoise, I found myself wishing class would go on and on. And that's usually the place where I'm eagerly counting down the poses to the end, feeling so tired. I felt strong and smooth and wonderful. And still do an hour later!

Tomorrow I'll do an early morning class, and fly to Medford/Grants Pass in the afternoon. With one thing and another, I probably won't be able to update until Monday. So have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home