9.06.2006

In which the Marmot gets off her butt

It has recently come to our attention that besides internal & external belly-aching about the ratio of yoga work to office work, I haven't done very much about advancing my yoga teaching career. So, I am doing something about that.

I have sent in my registration to Yoga Alliance, signed up for a CPR course, ordered business cards, and created content for a marketing piece (paper) and a website which will go up soon. Once I have my CPR and finish my resume, I'll begin my onslaught of area gyms, and there's an interesting possibility I found on Craigslist (thanks, A1A!) for teaching in workplaces downtown. Craigslist? Jobs? WHO KNEW?! Many thanks to Alabam for her invaluable moral and opinionated support with the business cards!

In other news, the September teaching schedule for "my" studio has been published and I'm not on it. A bit disappointing based on the owner's previous statements, but I'm confident I'm high on the substitute list. ALSO after she specifically rejected the notion of ever having me teach a Barkan class there, she told me I can find a new time in the schedule and teach a WEEKLY BARKAN class, with the proviso that I'll be paid based on attendance, rather than a flat fee, until attendance goes and stays up. BONZER says I! I am so freaking excited about this. I have written and proposed a Sunday afternoon time; we'll see what she says.

Recent news about carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere (and by recent I mean oh the last 20 years) have this morning put me in mind of what I can do to address global warming. Here's a short list that does not involve marching on Washington.

I really gotta start walking to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home