11.08.2004

on the run

At lunch today I went for a run at Green Lake. A woman was taking a picture with her phone--a picture of a big blue heron, standing nonchalantly at the edge of the lake, not eight feet from the path busy with noontime foot traffic. Also nearby: a blue-black goose and a white goose. It was an odd collection. Usually birds gather together. We call this "flocks."

As I continued along the path, I saw ahead of me two golden retrievers sniffing each other's butts and wagging their tails. Because I have bad eyes and because the goldens were very close in color, this parsed as a headless double-butted dog, wagging its two tails in delight. We call this nearsightedness, myopia, or I refuse to get contacts.

Had a fabulous fun-filled AND accomplishment-filled weekend. My friend Mrs. A (not her real name) was here! We made soup, went to teachings at Seattle's newly opened Nalandabodhi West, watched "The Big Lebowski," purged a bunch of clothes and many other items out of my house, arranged and organized my new creative/retreat space in my basement, organized my bathroom cupboards, went to dinner at the Fremont Classic, organized and purged at Sussespeck's apartment, had a kickin' fondue party with lots of peeps, and talked about scrapbooking. Basically, it was totally fun and totally getting things done. An excellent combination. Mrs. A's ideas and energy and encouragement to shed crap make me feel liberated and inspired!! I highly recommend her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home