3.02.2006

Last night MSH said “Brrr!” as he got under the covers. Then a bit later:

ME: I’m cold.
MSH: [sarcasm/disdain] Of course you are. It’s Thursday.*
ME: I thought you were cold, too! You said ‘brrr.’
MSH: I meant ‘ow.’

I thought that was hysterical and giggled for a bit.

So I have Airborne with me at work today because my throat felt a bit sore this morning. It says “At the first sign of a cold symptom, simply drop (1) Airborne Tablet in a small amount of plain water, let dissolve (about 1 minute) and drink.” What’s plain water? I’ve just never heard water described that way. Do they mean tap water? Non-fizzy water? Water that’s unobtrusive, not flashy or primped-up?

A while ago my boss asked me to buy him four little plants. I bought him four asparagus ferns. They don’t look like asparagus to me, but maybe they’re related somehow. Owen Wilson and Luke Wilson don’t look much alike either. Anyway, he’s performing an experiment—-one plant gets “plain water,” one gets Coke, one gets Diet Coke, and one gets V8. Which one will live the longest? So far it’s been two weeks and they all look reasonably healthy, but the Coke one is the most verdant, and V8 and Coke are both growing mold. He’s hoping Diet Coke wins. I’ll try to post a photo soon.

*It was Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home