11.08.2004

NaNoWriMo checkin

NaNoWriMo word count: 1,893

Don't worry. I plan to defy mathematics in the final two weeks of the month. And besides, I reorganized my bathroom cupboards. Nothing can stop me. Especially now that I've written the ending. I always write the end first. Then I can see where I'm going, even if I have to change it some when I get there. I might have to change it a lot, in this case. I have such a hard time moving FORWARD and writing the next words. I love to go back and reread and edit and edit and edit... Love to rewrite. Writing is hard. But editing often means cutting words out. And when you're aiming for 50,000 words by midnight November 30, every word is precious!

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger AH said...

And the rilly cool thing is, I'd wager that 2000 (we call this "rounding up") words is more than you've written in a long time. So the deadline is working its wily post-Rocktober magic.

Yesterday at Goodwill, I dropped off my carload of Kirstin-approved junk and obtained a Barbie in a fringed jean vest who makes a little fairy chimes noise when you press a button on her back. Don't tell Mrs. A! Also purchased a velvet blazer, a pink cardigan and 2 other items I hope to refashion into a skirt.

9:30 AM, November 12, 2004

 

Post a Comment

<< Home