1.13.2005

up

On Monday, I was in an emotional pothole. When this happens, my mind races trying to assign some external factor to this, and it leads to typical, late-twenties "I haven't achieved enough and I'm not DOING anything with my life"-type bullshit. Then the next day I realize I WAS PREMENSTRUAL! DUR! But anyway. I was feeling down in the dumps, and was walking on Capitol Hill on my lunch hour, looking down at the sidewalk. As I crossed Thomas Street, a man on the sidewalk called out to me, "Look! Pretty!" and indicated the vista of the Olympic Mountains to my right, snow-topped and sunlit, mantles of cloud here and there around their shoulders. "Yes, it's beautiful," I called back,a nd he kept walking. What a nice man. I am a very lucky girl. I started smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home