12.17.2004

Christmas is the season of miracles

I reminded someone of that the other day, in my corniest tones, and cracked myself up. Hysterically. I pack my own entertainment.

I was so happy lastnight. Leaving work, I had my shopping list with me and headed to the store, then home to make Spicy Potato Quinoa Croquettes and Jicama Cucumber Salad with Chile and Lime. I am really getting to enjoy cooking, hence my gleeful anticipation. MSH liked the croquettes, and upon seeing their patty-like nature, decided he didn't need a pork chop! This is a big deal, folks. We could be onto something here--if something *looks* like a meat dish, he could be satisfied with a meat-free meal. It helps that the croquettes are tasty and very hearty. MSH wasn't a big fan of the salad, although I found it DELISH. THe best part is there's leftovers for tonight! If you're interested in the recipes, they may be found in _Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone_ by Deborah Madison. These are the first two recipes I've tried from that book.

Lastnight's O.C. was a FAHRIGGING masterpiece. I see now that the clever writers were just sandbagging with last week's blah episode so they could catch us unawares with the most dramatic, touching (YES!) show ever. I laughed, I cried. All that was lacking was someone there to share the joy with me as I folded towels.

2 Comments:

Blogger AH said...

I borrowed "Christmas is the season of miracles" for my Xmas card to JV, using it to update an old joke we had about wacky Iraqi Chemical Ali, thereby cracking myself up and, it is to be hoped, Jason as well!

10:49 AM, December 23, 2004

 
Blogger AH said...

Those croquettes de Colette and that hickupa salad were amazing! Thanks, dude!

10:56 AM, December 23, 2004

 

Post a Comment

<< Home