11.30.2004

the little things

Today I am thankful for:

cranberry juice
Shawn Colvin
University of Texas maps

My friend Paige took off all of a sudden for Peru for two weeks. This makes more sense when you know that in the last two years or so, she spent 18 months travelling. Two months in Europe, the rest in: India, Nepal, Thailand, Burma, and Vietnam. Also since reentering American life, she's been working her butt off, and has only been home one week in eight and living with her sister when she is home. (Not that there's anything wrong with living with one's sister's family, but one values one's privacy, right?) So it makes even more sense that she'd want to get away. But no beach in Cancun for this intrepid world traveller! She emailed a week ago with tales of Macchu Picchu (sp?) and other wonders--she inspires me! I hope to see her soon and get it from the horse's mouth.

P.S. I am thankful for more than those three things, but I'm sticking to three a day. In case I run out on a particularly dark morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home