11.29.2004

back in black

I think maybe the reason I have a hard time keeping up with this blog on a daily basis is the time commitment I envision it as. I'm a compulsive editor--I derive more pleasure from the revision and correction of the text than from its creation. Or at least I can't help myself from the revision...this is part of the reason my NaNoWriMo novel defunked. Is defunct. So I will try not to edit. You get Nice Marmot raw and uncut (with typos and Freudian slips), and hopefully more regular updates. I get a regular little exercise in curbing my compulsive perfectionist nature as regards text. (If you look under my bed, you will see I do not have the compulsive perfectionist nature as regards housecleaning.)

So into the stream of consciousness we will dip each day, no matter how brief, tepid, or cheerless the dip may be.

Thanksgiving: blue skies and mountains. Warm family gathering. Southwestern squashy veggie soup, stuffing, mashy taters, and pie (pecan and pumpkin). Good chats with aunts, uncles, and cousins. Sister hugs. A bad movie: "Alexander." Getting lost on the way home from the outlet mall. A visit to kiddy chaos. Playing with the new digicam. A dusting of cold, dry snow. Player piano player piano.

Back to the grind today, my friends. Hup-la!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home