11.18.2004

kittens and baked goods

MSH worked til 8 lastnight and we went to bed at 9:00. I was tired, too, having spent my evening doing laundry and cleaning the house. But MSH couldn't sleep in the wee hours so my sleep was interrupted, probably explaining my bizarre dreams. One featured: my (currently not living) grandmother fluffing pillows and a little boy who was six inches taller than me. (But he was still a little boy.) The other featured: me escaping from a terrorist organization in Paris and fleeing into a park. A sorority sister was being married in the park in a lavish ceremony--the perfect place for me to hide from the terrorists! Before the ceremony, guests were entertained by 75-ft-plus-tall figures, controlled by people from the inside, inflatable, illuminated, amplified--the first one was a giant two-headed woman, one was a giant plane, some were over 150 feet tall and held up with guide wires. Very weird.

I didn't really sleep in the hour before I got up to go running at Green Lake. I kept thinking I should get up and make some biscuits or maybe...some banana bread! I haven't thus far, but the run was nice. Looks to be another beautiful crisp fall day, which I will spend in the office. But I'm not bitter!

And just yesterday I was thinking I would sucker into getting a cat sooner (I really, really, really, really, really, really want a kitty) if an acquaintance had some they needed to find homes for. And lo, I get to work this morning and my mailbox contains an email with a photo of four adorable kittens. A coworker's cousin is trying to find homes for them--two are white with beige tabby markings and two black. They are, predictably, completely adorable. Will I go look at them? To look at them is to take home at least one! Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Felicity said...

Oooooooh get a black one!

(Your lil sis is FAR more sanguine about this development than she would have been before she got accustomed to ONE kitty and hopped up on Zyrtec for the others.)

4:28 PM, November 18, 2004

 

Post a Comment

<< Home