12.02.2004

bleh!

So, I'm 27. Do you think I should get my crap together? Maybe? Or at least think about it?

I woke up this morning at 7:42, by the count of MSH's alarm clock, which is actually 7 or 10 minutes fast. I never remember this when I get up, though, which is why it works so well. I immediately started yelling "Oh no! Oh my god!" and freaking out. I had not set an alarm. I had not woken up when MSH got out bed. I had not woken up when MSH turned on the shower. I hadn't even woken up when he turned on THE LIGHT. I don't know why I finally woke up. See, I was supposed to pick up Sussespeck and Mr. Sussespeck AT 7:45 and even by my most optimistic standards, I was going to fail. I hate failing, and I hate being late DESPITE THE FACT THAT I AM FREQUENTLY LATE!!! I was in the car at 7:47, according to the car clock. Any way you clock it, it was the shortest ever amount of time from consciousness to car, for me.

They made their flight and all, and even brought me hot chocolate, which I DID not deserve, but for crying out little babies. I'm 27.

In other news, this was forwarded to me today:

******
Well, you four are the only ones who I keep in contact with from high
school, and since XXX lives in Thailand, and XXX and I live
out-of-state, I am just requesting that if any of you hear about the 95
reunion to let me know.

I called Aloha High School today (503) XXX-XXXX, and I was given the
following information for Aloha High Reinions:

Classic Reunions
1-800-474-3669
www.classic-reunions.com

I didn't see anything for class of 1995, so maybe no one is going to
organize it for us because our class is a bunch of losers!! HA! Let me
know
if you hear anything new, and I'll do the same...Thanks, guys!!!

Name Withheld
******

I do not keep in touch with the author personally, but apparently she's interested in taking charge and organizing something besides a canned reunion that will, it is rumored, take place at Kells, a pub chain which I have nothing against personally but which activated my snob gland because it's...the same as everyone else's reunion. Do I really care enough to get involved with planning the reunion? And more importantly, would doing so interfere with my boozing and goofing off? And would I have to start using my old last name with my former schoolmates?

Traditionally, the senior class president is in charge of these things, but due to a dark horse candidate type of scenario, a pretty weird dude was elected our class president. A dude who didn't brush his teeth on a regular basis, and a few years after we graduated kind of dropped off the face of the earth. And by that I mean, his parents were calling old acquaintances to ask if they'd heard from him, and as I understand it, they also hired a private investigator. The alternative would be the class VICE-PRESIDENT, who made declarations about planning our reunions. Of course, at the time, my reaction to this was: "Like I give two sh*ts?" but I was an embittered youth in Pearl Jam T-shirt and worn flannel. Now I am an embittered 27-year old in a purple "Kiss My Sash" pirate beauty pageant T-shirt and no socks. (I told you I was in a hurry this morning!)

Yesterday at lunch I went to the bank, went to the tree lot, purchased a tree and a wreath, drove home, hung up the wreath, erected the tree in the tree stand, and gave it a big drink o' water. Also I scheduled some maintenance for the Coroller. Yesterday, I was efficient. Today I'm not wearing socks and I still haven't edited the weekly news although it's noon. THIS COULD BE DUE IN PART TO THE FACT THAT I'M BLOGGING INSTEAD. Also I'm hungry....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home