5.29.2007

I heart Craigslist

For months I have been looking for a certain IKEA coffee table. My acquisition of this table was to be the domino that would allow for the completion of phase 2 of a minor reorganization of my living room. (CDs into storage bins in coffee table, freeing up bookshelf space for cookbooks, which are currently in a stack on the floor because of Winter Kitchen Reorg of January.) I was a little hinky about the money for a brand-new coffee table, and despite the allure of IKEA, I can always find a reason *not* to haul my hiney down to Renton. So I've been checking Craigslist furniture ads for months looking for this particular coffee table. Over the weekend, I found it--with photo, $50, in Bellevue. I pounced, with the (of course assumed) promise I'd pick up and I said I'd pay cash.

Tonight I went and picked it up. The girl selling it had had the table for six months; it had a few scratches, but I got this $99 dollar table for $50, and I didn't even have to put it together. And I only drove eight miles from my house!

I was apprehensive as to whether it would fit in my Coroller, having taken the measurements off the IKEA website and used a tape measure in my car's interior. But the friendly Craigslist user helped me carry it down from her apartment and it fit perfectly in the 'Roller's back seat! The beta endorphins from carrying the table down two flights of stairs, plus the joy of this stroke of luck, made us giddy! I thought we might hug, but she held out her hand so I shook it and wished her luck as she moved in with her boyfriend. (Hence the off-loading of the coffee table.)

So, to review: saved money, saved time, saved gas, saved work, brought me closer to my fellow woman! I heart Craigslist.

And now, because I used a favorite word, hiney, above, I thought I'd explore something 'Net wise. Ever been in a public restroom, zoning out as you let things take their course, and noticed the logo on the door latch? With a line drawing of a person behind a bathroom door, pants around ankles, and their eyes and single strand of curly-cue hair sticking up above the door? The name? HINEY HIDER!!! Well, it turns out it's HinyHider, and it's the most humorous legitimate name for a bathroom product since Honey Buckets. I finally found the HinyHider website (it was hiding, if you will, under that bogus spelling of hiney!) and friends, it did not disappoint. Not only is the HinyHider "the premier solid plastic toilet partition that revolutionized an industry," but these fine partitions are manufactured in the USA, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, home of the office in the NBC television program, "The Office!" It's too rich!

Back to my regularly scheduled yoga babble soon. Except I must say: teaching yoga in a hot room continues to take my morning sickness clean away!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not sure if this qualifies as a bathroom product, but there's also www.buttpaste.com.

7:03 AM, May 30, 2007

 
Blogger Felicity said...

I say 'heiney' or 'heiny', am I weird?

9:02 PM, May 30, 2007

 
Blogger yogainseattle said...

I'm not sure if buttpaste is a bathroom product, since it's for baby's and they don't bother with a bathroom. All the same, good find.

As for you, Heiny, you are not only weird, you are GERMAN!

10:42 PM, May 30, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home