1.17.2005

tv

Do you read “I Love TV”? It is a column in The Stranger (a Seattle weekly) and The Mercury (a Portland, Ore. weekly) and possibly other publications of which I am unaware. The author, WmTM Steven Humphrey, is a goddam genius. He makes me laugh out loud, usually by discussing television shows I don’t even watch. (Regular readers of this space will surely know what show I *do* watch. Ahem.) Witness the following sentence, describing the new show “Point Pleasant” on FOX:

“Unluckily for the locals, she possesses weirdo persuasive powers, thanks largely to her mom who forgot to put in her IUD before riding the wild baloney pony with SATAN.”

His latest column may be read at: http://www.thestranger.com/current/love_tv.html

1 Comments:

Blogger AH said...

I suppose betraying my crass sensibilities on the World Wide Web might prove to be a liability someday, but I must admit that as I was waiting for my latte to be frothed up by BaristaCrushChuck yesterday, I read that baloney pony sentence 4 full times because it was so high lair ius. We tend to latch on to the same shizzle, yo. To even the cultural score, I also listened to shimmering snippets of speeches by Dr. MLK Jr on NPR.

5:21 PM, January 18, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home