5.31.2006

Day 60: peace

Sorry I have slacked off so hard writing this entry! I have left you in suspense, and I apologize.

I went to my sixtieth consecutive class on Sunday morning at 10 AM. Audrey was my teacher. I had a great class, and didn't rest out any poses. I felt very peaceful in this class, and proud of myself, too. Audrey kindly acknowledged my milestone at the end of class. She is such a sweetie.

I really should have posted right when I got home! But I was really takin' it easy. Last weekend was the last weekend Mike and I spent together until late July. We went to see "X-Men 3," which I thought was very good, and then went to dinner at Union Bay Cafe, a pretty swanky restaurant located...in the same building with my yoga studio! I had been sneaking peeks at their menu and liked what I saw. The "Tarte de Printemps" of braised artichoke hearts, ricotta cheese, and caramelized shallots was delicious, as was the chocolate pecan pie for dessert. The service was WAY slow, though--we won't be back again, especially for the $$$.

Monday I flew to Bend to visit my parents. With my flight being in the morning and the fact it was a holiday, I don't think I would have been able to make it to a class here, but I liked having a day off. Yesterday, I went to a 9 AM class here in Bend. I really liked the teacher. I had to rest quite frequently in the Balancing Series--I don't mean to make excuses, but the teacher suggested it might be the altitude, and I am a sea-level person! She seemed quite concerned when I rested the first time. (A lot of Bikram teachers don't bat an eye and certainly don't pay you attention--maybe she didn't expect a sixty day-er to lie down.) Anyway, very nice studio. I may go back tomorrow. I woke up late today. I was hoping to take myself through the Barkan series. Now, as I say I didn't have much time because my dad and I went on a hike but if my impatience this morning was any indication, I will have trouble taking myself through the full series. Maybe I'll try to get my dad to do it with me and teach as I go, and keep myself honest.

Anyway, I am pretty pleased with myself, having achieved my goal. Doing Bikram yoga for 60 days straight has to be the hardest challenge I've ever completed. I'm not one that's prone to making big commitments like this and seeing them through. Accountability to you, my readers, was surely one of the things that helped me. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Stay tuned for training blogs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

YAY!! You did it!!! Good for you. I really think it's quite an accomplishment!! I can't wait to hear about your training!

10:09 PM, June 02, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home